Looking after your skin is always important. We tend to give it a little more TLC on the lead up to special events!
Unfortunately all weddings are postponed at the moment, it is important to continue caring for your skin and prepping it for your Wedding Day.
Caring for your skin is vital. You can never start this process too early nor it is never too late to start!
- Cleanse your skin day & night, always remove your make up.
- Try and get your recommended sleep of 6-8 hours.
- Stay hydrated, drink plenty of water, you can never overdo this step !
- Wear SPF
- Use skin-specific skincare products especially your moisturiser
- Wear eye cream day and night!
- Get fresh air, great for your skin and your well-being!
- Cleanse- This gets rid of any dirt, left over make up and clogging elements.
- Cleanse again- This works deep into your pores and leaves your skin squeaky clean
- Serum- I would never skip this step, a serum penetrates deeper into your skin leaving your skin with a firm and smooth texture. Serums lock in moisture.
- Moisturiser-It is important to use the correct moisturiser for your skin type. Moisturising keeps your skin cells healthy. Using a cream with an SPF will protect your skin from sun damage!
- Eye cream- These creams are generally are a thicker cream so they nourish the thin layer of skin around your eyes. Eye creams cater for all issues: puffiness, dark circles, fine lines and dullness!
- Not everyone adds primer to their skin routine but I think it is an important step especially if you are going to apply make up shortly afterwards! Primer protects your skin and acts as a barrier between your skin and make up! If you don’t have an SPF in your moisturiser then maybe have it in your primer!
Night-time Skin care routine
- Cleanse- same as day time routine
- Cleanse again
- Toner- Restores your skins ph balance! Also known to prevent ingrown hairs.
- Serum- Same as day time routine.
- Face oil- A personal favourite of mine. Apart from loving the feeling of the oil, it really is a magic product! Using facial oil continuously can reverse aging by improving skin elasticity!
- Eye cream- same as day time routine.
Recommended extra skincare: Exfoliate and Masks.
Benefits of exfoliating your skin:
- Cleans and purifies clogged pores
- Gets rid of dead skin cells
- Helps skincare penetrate deep into the skin
- Evens out skin tone
- Boosts circulation
Benefits of using facial masks:
- Increase hydration
- Refines skin pores
- Helps to reduce fine lines and wrinkles
- Encourages even skin tone
- Firmer skin.
There are 2 types of exfoliation used with skincare, mechanical and chemical, both have different ways of working but both end up with the same goal- renew new fresh skin cells beneath the upper surface of the skin!
There are two major types of chemical exfoliators: alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs) and beta hydroxy acids (BHAs). AHAs is ideal for sensitive and mature skin giving extra hydration to the skin while BHAs works great with oily and acne prone skin types.
These exfoliating methods are facial scrubs or sometimes rough cloths and brushes. Scrubs are easy use and just as effective as a chemical exfoliator. There are many types of scrubs. Depending on your skin type it is important to choose the scrub for you! Most scrubs have tiny particles in them to remove dead skin cells and some have larger particles and can be harsh to your skin particularly if you have sensitive skin so be careful when choosing yours. A mild exfoliator can be suited to all skin types.
- Sheet masks- Suitable for all skin types, the most versatile of all the masks.
- Clay (or mud) masks- Great for oily and acne prone skin, the clay and mud help absorb toxins from your skin.
- Cream masks- Ideal for dry skin, a real boost of hydration. Suitable for mature skin also.
- Peel-off masks- Can be aimed for acne/oily skin with large pores. Great for refining pores.
- Gel masks- Soothing & cooling, great treatment for dehydrated, dry and sensitive skin.
- Charcoal masks- Work best on oily and acne prone skin types.
- Sleep masks- If you’re looking for a hydrated boost, this will lift your dry dull skin.
Note: To care for your skin you will need to know your skin type: Oily, Dry, Sensitive, Dehydrated, Combination or Mature etc! Choosing your skincare regime will depend on your skin type!